One of the most prevalent and interactive games that’s bound to put a smile on your guest’s face at your wedding reception is the Wedding Shoe Game. As a wedding photographer, I’ve come across quite a few different little fun games the bride and groom can play with their guests, or for their guest’s amusement, and the Wedding Shoe Game is one of my favourites!
How to play the Wedding Shoe Game
Basically, the idea of the game is to make your guests laugh at your antics as you answer questions about your relationship together, and to see if you both have the same answer to questions that you ‘should’ have the same answers to 🙂 For example, a common question might be “Who of you said ‘I love you’ first?”. Now if both the bride and the groom were paying attention to their relationship, one would assume both would answer the same – but this is where the fun comes in as sometimes answers differ.
The reason why it’s called the ‘Wedding Shoe Game’ is because in order to play, both the bride and groom sit facing away from each other – usually in the middle of the dance floor – and take off their shoes. They then trade one of their shoes for the other’s so that each has one of the groom’s shoes and each has one of the bride’s.
The MC, or whomever, then reads out a list of questions about the couple’s relationship. In order to answer, the bride and groom holds up one of the shoes – if the answer in their mind is the groom, then they hold up the groom’s shoe, if the answer is the bride, then the bride’s shoe. Hilarity ensues when they both hold up different shoes as neither of them know what the other’s answer is.
Sample questions for the Wedding Shoe Game
The great thing about the Wedding Shoe Game is that you are able to customise the questions that are asked based on the bride and groom’s personality and interests. There are the usual overarching questions such as the ones below, but say for example the bride and groom used to play against each other in Table Tennis; perhaps one of the questions might be ‘who is better at table Tennis?’
The idea is to keep the questions not too serious, but light and fun, also it might be an idea to narrow the list down to around 20 questions, just so the game doesn’t take all night.Whose idea was it to play this game?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who is a better dancer?
- Who is the most organized?
- Who has the most clothes?
- Who has the most shoes?
- Who spends more time on Facebook?
- Who spends more time on Instagram?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who calls their parents the most?
- Who will pay the bills?
- Who will wake up first?
- Who works out more?
- Whose friends will be over more?
- Who buys the best gifts?
- Who is more likely to be running late?
- Who is a better dresser?
- Who spends more money?
- Who will be doing the grocery shopping?
- Who is more likely to get a traffic ticket?
- Who will be doing the laundry?
- Who is the loudest?
- Who has the smelliest feet?
- Who planned the honeymoon?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who will be making dinner every night?
- Who always replaces the toilet paper roll?
- Who chooses where you eat for dinner?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who got better grades in school?
- Who made the first move?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who would drive on a road trip?
- Who remembers family and friends’ birthdays?
- Who will squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube?
- Who will make the bed?
- Who loses things the most?
- Who will make the coffee in the morning?
- Who is better at sports?
- Who is more creative?
- Who watches the most tv?
- Who is more likely to kill a spider?
- Who mows the lawn?
- Who wants a baby first?
- Who will pick your next vacation spot?
- Who will clean the house?
- Who will use up all the hot water?
- Who always knows what time it is?
- Who will determine the next car you buy?
- Who has the craziest family?
- Who loves the other more?
It’s a great game to play to break up the evening, and there are tonnes more silly little games that people have thought up over the years, but if you’re looking for a sure winner that will make people laugh, try the Wedding Shoe Game!