Vintage Themed Wedding Photoshoot
Lovely vibes, happy guests and good weather—these are the things that a bride and groom wish to have at their wedding. But before the big day plenty of people opt to have an engagement photoshoot done beforehand to make sure they get those specific wedding photos they had already dreamt of. Occasionally a wedding day’s photoshoot may be rushed or at certain times of the day not best suited for taking photos, so having a separate shoot beforehand can help here.
Of course, if you want to have memorable and high-quality photos for a keepsake, you must have the perfect theme that you want for your shoot. If you have chosen a vintage theme wedding photoshoot, you are at the right place because we will give some tips that you can use to nail your vintage themed wedding photoshoot
What Is a Vintage Themed Wedding Photoshoot?
Before taking you into the details, let’s understand vintage themed wedding photoshoots first. A vintage themed wedding photoshoot is perfect if you are aiming for a timeless and romantic look. It is not just sepia-tinted background and vignettes – which seems to be a popular trend in wedding photography – an experienced wedding photographer should be able to make use of a vintage vibe without the filters.
A vintage themed wedding photoshoot should only give a touch of the past that evokes nostalgia and romanticism influenced by your favoured era. It’s a popular wedding theme for most couples today because of its sophistication and elegance. If you choose a vintage theme wedding photoshoot, your photos will forever be in style.
What Are the Things to Consider to Achieve a Vintage Themed Wedding Photoshoot?
After knowing what a vintage themed wedding photoshoot is, you need a guide to achieve this kind of theme. If you choose to do your wedding photography before officially tying the knot, it’s time to look for the things you need to achieve your vintage setup.
Preparation is vital so that you can find the perfect venue and props. Here are some of our tips for you before you contact your wedding photographer to do your pre-wedding shoot:
Tip #1: Immediately Look for a Location with a Vintage Vibe
The first and most crucial thing you must do is look for your shooting location that shouts, “I look vintage!” It’s the primary key to make your photographs as vintage as possible. You need to do this first before anything else because you might have difficulty reserving a place. You need to consider your photographer’s availability when booking a location, too. A location with a vintage vibe can be an old house, a historic building or a retro-themed restaurant.
Tip #2: Go for a Retro-Themed Dress Code
To achieve a vintage vibe, you need to have a retro-themed dress code to complete the look. Men can wear a classic tuxedo, and women can choose old-fashioned attire paired with a classic hairstyle. There are many choices of garments you can choose to achieve a vintage look. You can take some inspiration from the internet and send it out to the people involved in the photoshoot so you can have a uniform look.
Tip #3: Complete Your Look with a Full Glam Vintage-Inspired Makeup and Hairstyle
Your look should be the centre of attention for your photos, so you need to be on point, from your dress to your hair and makeup. You can attain this by getting your hair and makeup done inspired by your favourite era. You can show some inspiration to your makeup artist, or you can watch tutorials on how to get a vintage makeup look. This tip also applies to the groom because there are vintage-style hairstyle options for men as well.
Tip #4: Utilise Retro-Themed Props for Your Shoot
If you think the place does not give enough vintage vibe, you can add some props to make it more vintage-y. While the location, your dress and your makeup look already indicate that your theme is vintage, the props will tie everything together because they can help set the mood in the photographs. You can look for antique items to serve as decor in your location. Here are some of the classic examples:
- Vintage Vehicles – Antique cars are a classic, and they will take your photographs to a whole new level of class and sophistication. This prop is an excellent addition if you have the budget. You can make the most out of it since your photographer can do different shots and angles.
- Antique Tins and Glass Jars – Another romantic vintage vibe you can have for your photoshoot is a nice table setup paired with vintage tins and glass jars. Your table setup should have a completely vintage look, so be careful with all the details.
- Antique Record Players – Vintage record players are a perfect go-to if you don’t want to have extensive props in your photoshoot. This prop is so popular, and you have probably seen this from one of the movies you’ve already watched.
- Antique Typewriters – Having a vintage typewriter as a prop is another perfect way to set the vintage mood on your engagement shoot. Try typing a few romantic phrases or even your names to make the photo look more intimate.
- Antique Camera – A vintage camera is a cute addition to your vintage theme, especially if you both love photography. Instead of going with digital cameras, replace them with a vintage one to align with the theme.
- Balloons – Even if you opt for a modern design, you must have balloons. Balloons are easy to play around with, and your photographer can do various shots with balloons. It’s just a matter of creativity on how you will use it.
We understand that you only want the best for your shoot. Hopefully, this guide has helped you with your preparation to achieve the vintage themed wedding photoshoot you want. Even with all these tips, your photographer will still be the one to make your desired theme successful. For this reason, you need to find the best photographer to work with so that you’ll feel comfortable in front of the camera during your vintage-themed shoot.
If you are looking for the best wedding photographer in Adelaide, Adelaide Hills or around Australia, Sven Studios is here to help! We offer professional wedding photographer solutions, no matter the theme you have in mind. Allow us to make your vintage-themed wedding photoshoot possible. Get in touch with us today to book your session!